Kasetsart university (KU), in collaboration with the TALENT programme on Sustainable Landscape Management, will be the host of the 7th Summer School 2023 of the Southeast Asian University Consortium for Graduate Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC) with the theme of “Sustainability of Agricultural Systems in Difficult Environments” between 24th July to 4th August, 2023 at Kasetsart University, Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province Campus, located in the Northeast of Thailand.
The Objectives of UC Summer School:
- To provide students and all participants with the knowledge and understanding of sustainability concepts, and of methods and tools for sustainability assessment.
- To share experiences among participants’ countries on sustainability practices, with a particular focus on the plantation of perennials, such as rubber and fruit trees, and on cattle breeding, associated or not to the plantations;
- To offer methodological tools to all participants to assess agricultural systems for their economic and social results, their efficiency, their impact, and their sustainability. Special focus will be made on the strategies to cope with difficult environments (soils, water, lack of labor…).
- To equip students and the participants from all stakeholders with the practical skills and techniques required for measuring and monitoring sustainability of farming systems.
To become participants, students should have backgrounds in the following academic fields:
- Agronomy; Tropical Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics, Agricultural development
- Natural Resource Management; Forestry & Environmental Science
- Economics (with a strong background/foundation in Agriculture)
- Target Participants: 50 students (30 non-Thais and 20 Thais)
The 2 candidate participants from UGM will come from the ongoing graduate students from the Faculty of Forestry and the Faculty of Agricultural Technology.
Interested students please submit the following documents:
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo scores for the last 1 year
- Motivation letters
- Academic transcript
documents sent to email: email@example.com and complete the form below https://forms.gle/2kw6EqTt4wPWC5887 no later than 22 May 2023